Sunday, May 10, 2009


No pictures today, but we tore off the aluminum and fake brick siding off of the south side of our house. At first everything was going smoothly and then on the second day we were working on it we found a huge area that did not have anything under the siding. So we quickly had to run to Menards to buy insulation and plywood to close up the hole. At this time it was about 3 pm. Well we got into the truck and it wouldn't start. The other truck was full off our garbage so we could not take that. Anyway after a half an hour of working on the truck we were on our way to Menards. We didn't get back home until about 5:30. So we ate dinner and then got started patching up the hole. We got the hole mostly closed up before bedtime. Dan is continuing to work on it right now.

The original siding is in pretty bad shape on this side. It looked like there has been a lot of work done to this area. I am contemplating tearing it all off and replacing this whole side with fiber cement. We can save the salvageable boards for use on the rest of the house. We are currently getting quotes on similar siding but I have a feeling that they will be very expensive.

Today I got to work a little on the stair case and the living room trim. Slowly I am getting this project complete.

Added siding pictures:

No comments: